We hereby inform you transparently of how this website (hereinafter “Website”) operates with regards to the so-called cookies.
Definition of “cookie”
Cookies are small text files sent by the Website to the web user’s terminal (usually, his/her browser), where they are memorized to be eventually sent back to the Website during the next visit by the same user. A cookie does not have access to the user’s hard-drive, nor can it transmit computer virus or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique for the user’s web browser. Some of the cookie functions may be delegated to different technologies. The term “cookie” refers to cookies and all similar technologies.
Purpose of data treatment and of session’s technical cookies
“Technical” cookies may be used also without the user’s consent. By technical cookies we mean:
1) cookies with data filled by the user (identifying the session), lasting one session; or, in some instances, cookies lasting for a few hours;
2) cookies for the purpose of authentication, utilized for the purpose of granting the very services requiring authentication, lasting for one session;
3) security cookies, used for the protection of the users in order to identify authentication abuses, lasting for a limited time frame;
4) session cookies for multimedia readers, such as multimedia for “flash” readers, lasting for one session;
5) session cookies for load balancing purposes, lasting for one session;
6) cookies persisting for the customization of the user’s interface, lasting for one session (or slightly more);
7) cookies for the purpose of content sharing through social plug-ins of third parties, for the benefit of members of a social network who have logged in.
Therefore, ITA informs first its users that the Website contains technical cookies necessary for browsing such site, since they contain essential functions such as authentication, validation, session management and fraud prevention tools.
For maximum transparency, here is a list of technical cookies:
– cookies implanted directly in the terminal of the user/consumer (not be utilized for additional purposes), such as authentication cookies, multimedia – such as flash player’s – cookies not lasting longer than the session, etc;
– cookies utilized with the purpose of a statistical analysis of accesses / visits to the Website (so-called analytical cookies) for mere statistical purposes (not marketing or consumer profiling purposes), which collect aggregated information without the possibility of identifying the single user. In these cases, since the current law mandates that in the case of analytics cookies the user must be given the option to opt out of cookies installation (including tools to make the same cookies anonymous), it is specified that the cookies’s settings may be modified.
Third Parties Cookies
During the browsing session, the user may receive on his/her terminal cookies from different websites or servers (“third party cookies”): this happens because the Website may contain elements such as images, maps, sounds, or specific links to web pages of different domains hosted by servers others than the one hosting the requested page. In other words, such cookies are directly managed by hosts of websites or servers other than the Website. They may be sent to the user’s browser from third parties, directly from websites that can be accessed while browsing the Website of ITAa. In such cases, ITA is unaware of how those cookies operate, and the liability for sending those cookies falls on the third party.
Data Collector and Data Protection Officer
The Data Collector with regards to data concerning individuals consulting this website is the Italian Trade Agency (ITA) – Houston Office – 777 Post Oak Blvd, Ste 320 – Houston – TX – 77056 – US
The Data Protection Officer may be contacted to this email address: email@example.com.
Rights of the data subjects
The data subject may, at any time, exercise his/her own rights, particularly the right to access personal data, to request data to be limited, rectified, or updated if incomplete or incorrect, or to be cancelled if gathered in violation of the law, and to make opposition to the data use unless the Data Collector has legitimate reasons otherwise. Furthermore, the subject maintains the right to data portability, i.e. the right to receive the data provided in a format that is structured, commonly utilized and easy to read by an automatic reader. To fulfill such purpose, the subject may address either the Data Collector or the Data Protection Officer. We also inform you that it is granted the right to appeal the Italian Data Protection Authority to the following address: Autorità di Controllo Italiana – Garante per la protezione dei dati personali – Piazza Venezia n. 11 – 00187 Roma.
For further information, requests may be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.